AHSEC: Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, Guwahati
The Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) was established on 1st of June, 1984 to regulate, supervise and develop the system of Higher Secondary Education in the State of Assam. The council is responsible authority for Plus Two education in the state.
Functions of AHSEC
- To prescribe curricula ( scheme of studies ), syllabus and courses of instruction for Higher Secondary stage which may be in a college / Higher Secondary school.
- To conduct examination based on such course
- To admit to its examinations, on condition that may be prescribed by regulations, candidates who have pursued the prescribed courses of instruction and also to take such disciplinary action against candidates as may be prescribed by regulations.
- To demand and receive such fees as may be prescribed by the regulations.
- To publish the result of its examination.
- To grant certificate to students passing the examinations.
- To institute and award scholarships, prize etc.
Council StructureThe Chairman is the chief executive of the AHSEC. The government of appoints AHESC Chairman for 3 years which is extendable for another 3 years, however this is decision of State Government.
The Secretary of the Council is the principal Administrative officer and is responsible for all matters pertaining to general Administration, Establishment, legal matters, Accounts, Public relation, Grievance redressel, affiliation and property of the Council. The Controller of Examinations is responsible authority for all matters related examination. Other positions within the council are:
U D A
L D A
Branches of AHSEC
The AHSEC has following branches:
- Academic Branch
- Accounts Branch
- Certificate Branch
- Establishment Branch
- Examination Branch
- Pension Cell
- State Open School (SOS) Cell
- RPR Branch
AHSEC Contact Details
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
Tel: 0361-2551565, FAX 0361-2550844
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com