Assam Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) 2018
The Assam Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) 2018 is conducted by the Dibrugarh University for admission to MBBS, BDS and B.E./B.Tech courses in the various government and private colleges of the State of Assam. It is the entry level entrance exam for getting admission in various undergraduate professional (medical, dental and engineering) courses.
The Dibrugarh University was established in 1965 and is located on the easternmost part of India. The University focuses on imparting higher education and has 17 teaching departments and 14 Study centers. The various branches include Arts, Commerce, Engineering, Medical, Law, Science & technology and Pharmaceutical sciences.
Programs Through Assam CEE 2018
For getting admission into B.E./B.Tech courses, the candidates must appear for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics papers. Given below are the lists of courses that are available under various government and private colleges:
- Civil engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
There are a total of four engineering colleges located at four different campuses in Assam that accept Assam CEE 2018 scores for admission to the aforesaid course. They are:
- Assam Engineering College, Guwahati
- Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat
- Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat
- Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar, and also other Private Engineering Colleges and State Universities of Assam
Assam CEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Given below are the eligibility criteria for appearing in the Assam CEE 2018 exam
- The applicant must be a resident of the state of Assam.
- The age limit of the applicant should be between 17 to 21 years as on August 2018. However, there is a age relaxation of 3 years for reserved category applicants and 1 year for graduate applicants.
- The applicant must score a minimum of 50% aggregate (45% marks for reserved category candidates) marks in their 12th class examination or other equivalent examination with Physics, English, Chemistry, Maths/Biology as the main subjects. and secured at least 50% aggregate marks.
Assam CEE 2018 Dates
- Assam CEE 2018 Online Application Process Begins – 1st March 2018
- Assam CEE 2018 Online Application Process Ends – 21st March 2018
- Release of Admit Cards – 9th April onwards
- Assam CEE 2018 Exam Day – Sunday, 29th April 2018
- Assam CEE 2018 Exam Timing – 11AM to 2PM
Assam CEE 2018 Exam Centers
The test centers for the Assam Common Entrance Examination (Assam CEE) 2018 are given below:
Assam CEE 2018 Application Process
The Applicants are required to fill up online application form for Assam CEE 2018 by logging on to its official website. They should also ensure that they provide correct information and upload scanned photograph and signature (in the prescribed format and size). Once the submission of the form is done successfully, they are required to make the payment by using challan slip and deposit the fees in any of the State Bank of India branch.
Assam CEE 2018 Application fees (Tentative)
Engineering: Rs. 1140.00
MBBS/BDS/BAMS: Rs. 1140.00
Both MBBS/BDS/BAMS and Engineering courses: Rs. 1440.00
Assam CEE 2018 Exam Pattern
- For MBBS/BDS/BAMS courses the candidates must appear for Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- For candidates who are applying for Engineering courses must appear for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- For MBBS/BDS/BAMS and Engineering courses, the candidates are required to appear for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics paper
- The duration for each paper will be of two hours duration with 100 multiple choice questions carrying 1 mark each
- There are no negative markings for wrong answers and the paper will be of 100 marks