- Nit Silchar
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar
The National Institute Of Technology Silchar (NIT Silchar) is one of the 31 NITs of India which was established in 1967 as a Regional Engineering College in Silchar. In 2002, it was upgraded to the status of National Institute of Technology and was declared as Institute of National Importance under the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007.
Under Graduate Programmes in NIT Silchar
The duration of the undergraduate programme leading to B.Tech.degree is four years. The departments would also prepare the syllabus of each subject containing the scope of studies and detailed instructions to be imparted which must have the approval of the Senate.
All subjects have a lecture-tutorial-practical component. Separate laboratory subjects may exist in certain cases as decided by the Senate based on recommendations. All subjects will have a credit count 'C'. Teaching of subjects will be reckoned in terms of credits. One hour lecture or tutorial class is designated as 2 credits while one hour practical class is designated as one credit. The curricula for B.Tech. programme includes compulsory Industrial training of 6-8 weeks duration after 6th semester in any reputed industry, research organization, IITs and other reputed institutions which is assessed in the 7th Semester.
Post Graduate Programmes in NIT Silchar
Postgraduate programme teaching is matched with credits. Due credit is given to lecture, tutorial (theory) and practical components for a given subject. Normally for M.Tech., first two semesters have theory and practical (laboratory) subjects while for MSc/MBA, theory courses are taught in all the semesters. MBAstudents undergo a compulsory summer internship after second semester.
Project work and Seminar are essential part of the curricula. Class tests, assignments, tutorials, viva, laboratory assignments, etc., are the constituent components of continuous assessment process and a student must fulfil all these requirements as prescribed by the teacher/coordinator of the subject.
Departments in NIT Silchar
The NIT Silchar has following departments
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Management Studies
Admission to NIT Silchar
- Admission to B.Tech programmes are offered on the basis of JEE Main.
- Admissions to the Regular (Full-time) M.Tech. Programs are made on the basis of seats allocated by the Centralized Counselling for M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. Admission (CCMT). For details click here.
- Admissions to M.Sc. courses in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics are made on the basis of seats allocated by the Centralized Counselling for M.Sc./M.Sc.(Tech.) (CCMN). For details click here.
- Admission to MBA programme is offered on the basis of CAT/CMAT/MAT. Details
- Admission to IITG Ph.D Programmes, Details.
National Institute of Technology Silchar
Pin Code: 788010