National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam (NLUJAA)
Established in 2009, the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) promotes and makes available modern legal education and research facilities to students and scholars not only from the North-East but elewhere as well.
Our vision is to give to the society, the futuristic lawyers, compassionate judges, able administrators, visionary academics, noble intellectuals, distinguished leaders, responsible citizens and socially conscientious human beings.
- To evolve and impart comprehensive legal education and training at all levels to achieve excellence in the working of the Judicial Institutions;
- To evolve and impart comprehensive legal education and training at all levels to achieve excellence in the working of the legal Institutions;
- To organize advanced studies and promote research in all branches of law;
- To disseminate legal knowledge by organizing lectures, seminars, symposia, workshops and conferences;
- To promote cultural, legal and ethical values with a view to promote and foster the rule of law and the objectives enshrined in the Constitution of India;
- To improve the ability to analyse and present for the benefit of the public contemporary issues of public concern and their legal implications;
- To liaise with institutions of higher learning and research in India and abroad;
- To publish periodicals, treaties, study books, reports, journals and other literature on all subjects relating to law;
- To hold examinations and grant degree and confer honorary awards and other academic distinctions;
- To promote legal awareness in the community for achieving social and economic justice;
- To undertake research projects relating to law and also projects of training to the members of the judicial institutions;
- To do all such things as are incidental, necessary or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the objectives of the University; and
- To nurture and to promote quality and excellence in legal studies and research.
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Five-Year Integrated Course
The University offers the B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Five-Year Integrated Course where under Social Sciences subjects like Economics, History, Political Science and Sociology and an English language subject are integrated with the Law subjects in the first two years of study. However, in the fourth and fifth years, the students are offered optional subjects in the form of five different streams, namely, Business and Intellectual Property Law; Constitutional Law and Administrative Law; Consumer Protection and Environmental Law; Criminal Law and Criminology; and International Law and Human Rights.
The NLUJA follows the Semester System. The entire Five-Year Course is divided into ten semesters, that is, there are two semesters in each academic year.
Admission to the B.A., LL.B.(Hons.) Five-Year Integrated Course
NLUJAA shall strictly follow the admission criteria laid down by the CLAT. Accordingly, the admission shall exclusively be based on the performance of the candidate in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
LL.M. (Master of Laws) Degree Programme
The University offers One Year LL.M. (Master of Laws) Degree Programme. Students have to complete three mandatory papers and six elective papers and a dissertation in order to complete the programme.
The following specialisations are to be offered at National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam:
- Corporate and Commercial Laws
- Intellectual Property Laws
- International Law
- Environmental Law
- Constitutional Law
- Personal Laws
- Human Rights Law
Admission to the LL.M. One-Year Course
The admission shall exclusively be based on the performance of the candidate in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam Library is a gateway to quality education and research in the field of law, social sciences and humanities. The University library has approximately twenty thousand print collection in the field of law and allied subjects. Over the years, the library has procured various Law Journals, both print and electronic.
National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
Amingaon, Guwahati–781031, Assam (India).
Phone Nos.: 91-361-2738891 / 91-361-2738651
Email: admissions@nluassam .ac .in