- Assam Science And Technology University
Assam Science and Technology University
Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) was established in 2010 under the Assam Science and Technology University Act 2009. It has its campus located in the Jalukbari area of Guwahati, Assam. The university is engaged in offering various undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD programs in the streams such as computer applications, pharmacy, management, engineering and technology. ASTU aims to produce high caliber managers, scientists, and technologists with great potential and talent. The university is engaged is introducing the modern courses in the stream of science and technology.
The main objectives of the university is the Establishment of Research and Development Activities, regulation of Courses and the Examination system for both Undergraduate and Postgraduates Programme including the degree leading to Ph.D. for Science and Technology discipline for all the Engineering Colleges in the state of Assam, introduction of Post Graduate Courses in identified thrust areas and the development of a Data Bank for Natural Resources.
ASTU is a state university, set up with the mission to be the center of advanced studies in the areas such as science, technology, management and engineering education.
Assam Science and Technology University Affiliated Colleges
- Assam Engineering College, Jalukbari, Guwahati
- Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat
- Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat
- Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar
- Barak Valley Engineering College, Karimganj
- Golaghat Engineering College, Golaghat
- Scholars Institute of Technology and Management, Guwahati
- Pratiksha Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Guwahati
- NETES Institute of Pharmaceutical Science
- Assam Institute of Management
- Darrang College
- Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology (GIMT), Guwahati
- Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology (GIMT), Tezpur
- NETES Institute of Technology and Science (NITS Mirza)
- Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Pharmaceutical Science (GIPS)
- Guwahati College of Architecture (GCA)
- Central Institute of Technology (CIT), Kokrajhar
- Brahmaputra College, Guwahati
Assam Science and Technology University Courses
ASTU offers a total of 21 courses under 5 departments. It offers all under graduate, post graduate and research programs in science, technology, management and engineering education. The admission notification to these courses in ASTU is published in the months of June or July.
School of Engineering
a. Bachelor of Technology
b. Bachelor of Computer Application
c. Master of Technology
d. Master of Computer ApplicationSchool of Science
a. Bachelor of Science (Applied Physics)
b. Bachelor of Science (Computer Science)
c. Bachelor of Science (Electronic Science)
d. Bachelor of Science (Chemistry)
e. Bachelor of Science(Zoology)
f. Master of Science (Applied Physics) School of Pharmaceutical Science
a. Bachelor of Pharmacy
b. Master of PharmacySchool of Management
a. Master of Business AdministrationSchool of Architecture, Planning & Design
a. Bachelor of Architecture
b. Master of Architecture
c. Master of Planning
d. Bachelor of DesignResearch
a. Ph.D.(Doctor of Philosophy) in Pharmacy
b. Ph.D.(Doctor of Philosophy) in Science
c. Ph.D.(Doctor of Philosophy) in Management
d. Ph.D.(Doctor of Philosophy) in Engineering
Assam Science and Technology University Application Process
Candidates are required to apply online by registering and logging on to the University's website astu.ac.in
can fill or edit entered data contained in the form for any number of
times and save the data. However, the application form cannot be edited
after the final submission.
Note: It is recommended not finalize the application form until all the information are entered correctly.
To know more about How to write online application successfully
, click here.
Assam Science and Technology University Payment of Application Fees
The candidate are required to pay the application fees online by
using the payment gateway.
Assam Science and Technology University Contact Details
Assam Science and Technology University
Tetelia Road, Near Assam Engineering College
Jalukbari, Guwahati, Assam 781013
Telephone: Academic Registrar :+91-8811079300 /Controller of Examinations : +91-8135847031